February 25, 2011

Poached Eggs

Have you wondered how to make those delicious eggs I always have with my waffles and pancakes?? I am an egg hater!...however, I LOVE it when they are poached. Luckily, my husband is AMAZING and poaches them for me :). He also is the one that makes all the pancakes and waffles. (I make the syrup, he can't take credit for that one :))

Here is how you do it.

Fill a frying pan or small pot with at least 2 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil. Once it has boiled bring it down to a simmer and immediately crack your eggs into the water (like boiling making a boiled egg without the shell). Cover with a lid for 5 1/2-6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove them from the water and EAT THEM!

Children and babies: Both will love these. Cook them for 7 minutes so they are completely cooked through. The center will be like a boiled egg. Cut them into small pieces for them.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thanks to this post I made poached eggs for the first time and loved them! Possibly my new favorite way to eat eggs.