February 7, 2011

The Most Amazing Pumpkin Pancakes

Ok...So I admit that I am starting with a repeat if you already read my family blog. I found this on a blog that I read regularly. Her name is Connie and I have know her.....pretty much forever. I grew up across the street from her and her kids and one of them was my bff back in the day....anyway, she had THIS AMAZING recipe on her blog in October. Head on over there if you wanna see pictures of how to fix it. We are still eating this as a regular...dinner. It is THAT good! Here is her recipe:

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup powdered milk
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 egg whites - beat to soft peaks

Directions: Beat the egg whites first, set them aside. Don't forget to save one of the yolks for your recipe. Put the first 8 dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together. In a separate bowl, add pumpkin, brown sugar, egg yolk and water. Stir together then add to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Stir in whipped egg whites. Add more water if too thick.

Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour onto a 350 degree griddle. If you make the pancakes too big, they won't cook in the middle.

Top with warm apple sauce.

This is what mine looked like:


This is how we felt about them:

Kids: When we have pancakes or waffles we usually tear them into pieces for the kids and put a spoon full of applesauce or fruit syrup on the side.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This is very similar to a WW pumpkin pancake recipe that we love and have for dinner regularly too! I just love canned pumpkin---so easy, nutritious, and good!