February 21, 2011

Fruit Syrup

...so, I have had a change in texture preference lately and wondered if you may have too. I originally posted this Berrylicious syrup recipe but it is fairly runny and chunky...which is fine and tastes excellent but I wanted something thicker. So, here you have it. I like to make lots because we have pancakes and waffles A LOT and I don't like to make it every time. I store it in the fridge and I LOVE it cold on my waffles!

Fruit Syrup
2 cups fresh or frozen fruit pureed in a blender
1/8 cup 100% Orange Juice Concentrate
1/8 cup Sugar
(you can add an extra 1/2 cup of actual orange juice if you want it more runny.)

Blend frozen fruit until it is mostly pureed. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and boil for 5 minutes.

Yep, that is all!

Kids and babies: All of my kids LOVE having a little syrup on their plate. We rip their pancakes or waffles into little pieces and they dip it in the fruit. LOVE IT!

No comments: