March 15, 2010

Orange Bran Flax Muffins

This is another one of my moms fancy shmancy recipe's...once again I change it to how I like it though. We freeze them in freezer bags also for snacks, breakfasts and whatever we want!

I make them in 2 sizes. The large ones for me and my husband and the small ones for my little men. It is easier for them to hold onto and I think they like that they have their own special ones.

1 1/2 C. Oats - blended in the blender to make them more fine
2 C. Whole wheat Flour
1 C. Flax seed
1 Tbsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Oranges, quartered and seeded
1/2 C. Brown sugar
1 C. Buttermilk (I use powdered)
2 eggs
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 1/4 C. raisins, craisins, blueberries, raspberries....or whatever you want. I used blueberries and raspberries.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. You can use paper liners if you would like...I don't so I just coat it with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, flax seed, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine oranges, brown sugar, buttermilk, eggs and baking soda. Blend well. Pour orange mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until well blended, stir in raisins. put in muffin tins and bake for 18-20 minutes. Makes 24 or 12 lg.

No comments: