February 15, 2010

Shephard's Pie

Sorry this pic looks kinda nasty. I forgot to take a picture until I went back for SECONDS! Mmmmmm!
1 lb lean ground beef

1 cup diced onion

1 ½ cloves garlic

½ cup chopped Carrot

1 c Chicken broth

1 c diced tomato

1 c peas

1 T flour

1/2tsp Oregano

½ t basil

pinch of salt and pepper

½ lb sweet potato

½ c Green pepper

5 c mashed potato (I use instant)


Saute green pepper, carrots, sweet potato, seasonings, onion and garlic until onion runs clear. Add Browned beef, chicken broth, tomato, peas and flour. Simmer for 5 minutes.

Put meat and veggie mix in bottom of pan. Top with mashed potato and cook at 400 for 30 minutes.


Children: No change

Babies: Just leave out the veggies you want them to eat. You could even steam the ones that are too crunchy.

1 comment:

mrs. farlanderz said...

Hello Melanie!
Love this site - great idea! I will be checking it frequently for sure as I am always getting in such ruts with cooking.
-helene