This is ALL the ingredients you will need other than water. SUPER EASY TO MAKE....although a little time consuming. My sis gave me this recipe and showed me how to make it. I L.O.V.E it!
Makes (4) - 1 pound loaves
3Cups Luke-warm water
1 1/2 T granulated yeast
1 1/2 T Kosher or coarse salt
1 Cup Unsifted, unbleached, all purpose white flour
5 1/2 Cups wheat flour (5 1/4 for low altitudes)
Making the Dough:
1. Mix the yeast and salt with warm water. Don't worry about dissolving the yeast. Mix in the flour all at once, with a wooden spoon. DO NOT KNEAD. Just mix until everything is mixed (it will be sticky).
2. let rise for at least 2 hours (up to 5). You can use any portion of the dough after this and refrigerate the rest up to 14 days, lidded but not air tight. (refrigerated dough is less sticky and easier to work with)
On Baking Day:
3. Shape loaf (DO NOT KNEAD). Gently stretch surface around sides.
4. Rest loaf on a cutting board covered with cornmeal. Allow to rest 40 min.
*20 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 450 with stone cooking sheet in the middle rack. Place empty broiler tray (any metal pan) on the bottom rack. 5. Dust loaf top liberally with flour. Slash 1/4 inch deep with serrated knife.
6. Slide loaf on preheated stone. Quickly pour 1 Cup hot water into broiler tray and close oven door to trap the steam. Bake for 30 min or until crust is browned and firm to the touch.