November 14, 2011

Black Bean Butternut Squash Crockpot Chili


For the life of me I cannot remember where I got this recipe so if you know, let me know so I can link it up. We love it though. My husband was shocked when he was mid-meal and I told him there was no meat in it. We had A LOT left so I stuck the rest of it in a gallon freezer bag and froze it for later. It was as good as the first time.

Here we go:

3 onions, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
2 14.5 ox cans of diced fire roasted tomatoes (or regular)
4 15 oz cans of black beans, rinsed and drained (or 8 cups of your pre-made beans)
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and shopped into 1/2 inch cubes
salt and pepper

Spray large skillet with pan spray and add onions, peppers and garlic until tender. Put in slow cooker and everything else, except the squash. Arrange the squash over the chili. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

Update: I found this recipe on Crockpot Girls site.

No comments: