July 11, 2011

Penne Pasta with Veggies



This is going to sound terrible but I have no idea where I got this recipe but I LOVE IT! My kids love whole wheat noodles! I would just recommend not OVER cooking the veggies.

¼ c balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 cup diced onions
1 sm eggplant, diced
1 sm yellow squash diced
1 sweet red pepper, diced
2 cup diced tomatoes
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
1 Tbs olive oil
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp dried thyme
8 oz. Whole Wheat Penne pasta


Directions: In a large skillet over med-high heat, cook vinegar and garlic for 3 min. Add onions, eggplant, squash, and peppers. Cook for 3 min. Stir in oil, parmesan, salt and thyme. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until sauce thickens.

Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water. Drain and return to pot. Add sauce mixture and toss well. For a more assertive flavor, substitute chopped fresh basil or parsley.

No comments: