April 4, 2011

Tabooley Salad

I have loved this recipe for YEARS. I had never had couscous until I served an LDS mission to Canada. One of my favorite families invited us over for dinner and made this salad. I have been in love since. Couscous is a grain originally used in Africa. It is made from Semolina Wheat. It has the texture of a noodle. It has a very soft texture and is DE.LISH! I LOVE that it only takes about 5 minutes to make. If you haven't ever tried it YOU MUST! You will be hooked forever. You can find it at any grocery store and even Target and Wal-Mart. DO IT!

Tabooley Salad
2 cup couscous
2 ½ cup boiling water
1 tsp butter
1 ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
3 med tomatoes, chopped
1 sm can sliced black olives (optional)
1/3 cup green onion, chopped (with tops)
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper

Directions: Pour boiling water over couscous and cover for 5 minutes. Add the butter and mix until all melted. Cool, meanwhile continue recipe adding the rest of the ingredients. In a bowl toss with cooled couscous and refrigerate at least one hour.

No comments: