May 25, 2012

Mini Frittata

I have been on a frittata kick lately.  
Crockpot fritta's, mini fritta's....you get the idea.  
They are SO yummy and SO healthy.

All I could hear this morning, over and over, was "nummy, nummy. peeeeeeezzzzzzz (please)".  They were a hit!  Even my picky baby LOVED them!

I even put the rest of them in the freezer to see how well they freeze.  I can't WAIT to find out!  I want to make lots and lots of them to eat for later.  All of the ingredients freeze well.  I just hope they freeze well together :).

Mini Frittata

8 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup bell pepper, chopped (I did 1/2 green 1/2 red)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cups spinach, chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
salt & pepper
mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 325.

Saute onions and bell peppers until tender.  Add the spinach until slightly wilted.

Wisk eggs, milk and salt & pepper together and pour evenly into 12 (lightly greased) muffin tins.

Add spoonfuls of veggies to the tin.  Top with tomatoes and cheese.

Bake for 25 minutes or until egg is slightly browned.  Cool for 5 and then take out and cool completely before serving.

A variation of THIS recipe.

No comments: