March 7, 2011

Black Bean Burgers

Thes were SO good. My hubby loves hamburgers but I am not so excited about them. This was a happy medium and a healthy solution. This (once again) is a recipe my momma shared with me.

Beef and Black Bean Burgers

1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained

¾ lb ground beef

¼ cup diced red onion

1 tsp chili powder

½ tsp ground cumin

¼ tsp dried oregano leaves

½ tsp salt

Coarsely ground black pepper


Directions: Place drained beans in a large bowl and mash, leaving some whole and some mashed well, with a potato masher. Add beef, onion, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper, mix to combine. Shape into 4 burgers and grill.

Hint: Make sure you make them REALLY thin and REALLY big around. I am not kidding you will think it is going to be SUPER thin and huge but I promise you it won't. I thought I made mine thin enough and big enough around and look how small and thick my was.


Children: Cut the burger into fourths or in half.

Babies: This is very good broken into pieces on its own. You could add some shredded cheese and veggies.

No comments: